Lumacon Quality Management System
LumaCon management recognizes and accepts its responsibility as an employer and a customer to provide a safe and healthy workplace and work environment for all its employees and others (visitors, customers, contractors and members of the public) and is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standard of safety and health at all times and to eliminating conditions that could result in personal injury, death or illness, while providing a quality product and service to our customers, in accordance with their requirements.
LumaCon assumes responsibility for the environment by identifying environmental aspects and putting controls in place to minimise the impact thereof on the environment in which we conduct our business, which includes the Head Office situated at 1 Naaf Street, Strijdompark Ext 2, Randburg, Gauteng, 2194, as well as customer sites.
LumaCon commits to meeting customer requirements as well as relevant statutory and regulatory requirements with the provision of
- Infrastructure Engineering, Development and Maintenance:
- Mechanical Works
- Electrical Works
- General Building and Civil Works
- Facility Management and
- Smart Integrated Solutions
LumaCon undertakes to:
- Provide employees and other stakeholders with guidance on and training in the identification, assessment, and control of hazards in the organization.
- Establish effective management of SHEQ risks which depends on the commitment and cooperation of everyone in the organization.
- Consult with all employees in a meaningful and effective manner on SHEQ issues, enabling each employee to contribute to decisions that may affect their health, safety and welfare at work.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and other people working under their direction.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and other requirements.
- Train our employees, contractors and others affected by our actions in the importance to preserve the environment for future generations.
- Strive to reduce, re-use or recycle waste generated by our activities and educate our employees and contractors in the importance thereof.
- Conduct our business in such a manner as to prevent any pollution of storm water drains, water ways, air, and soil; and
- Ensure that contractors working on the behalf of LumaCon shall also conduct their activities in a SHEQ compliant manner that will ensure that safety, health and welfare of all stakeholders.
As required by the provisions of the OHS ACT and relevant Environmental
Legislation, the following shall be implemented to achieve the abovementioned statements:
- SHEQ audits and risk assessments
- SHE Safe Work Procedures, Procedures and Inspections
- Analysis of workplace inspections and incident investigations being in
place to ensure continuous compliance with the OHS ACT and COID
ACT requirements; and
- Awareness / statutory / legal training on relevant SHEQ issues
This Policy will form the basis for the establishing of objectives and shall be reviewed every 2 years.